What is it?
While YouTube and other web sites have popularized the moving image, StillOut is a club for those who appreciate the still image. We welcome all LGBT and affirming members of the Charlotte metro community. StillOut is a program of the LGBT Community Center of Charlotte.
Enrich our lives and the LGBT community through photographic arts.
1. Improve our photography skills through exchanging ideas, technical knowledge and artistic insight with each other.
2. Document LGBT history in the Charlotte area through our lenses.
3. Support and promote the LGBT Community Center of Charlotte.
4. Be available as a resource to our ‘family’ for their photography needs.
5. Enrich the LGBT community by creating photographic art.
6. Make friends.
7. Create photography field trips to interesting sites.
8. Have fun!
The club is open to anyone who is interested in photography, be they LGBT or our straight friends and allies; All skill levels from beginner to professional; From point and shoot to SLR.
The club formerly met regularly at the Lesbian and Gay Community Center of Charlotte. However, since the Center closed, we have not held regular meetings.
Currently, membership in StillOut is free.
Past activities have included:
- Field trips to HollyWild, NC Transportation Museum/Spencer Shops, car shows, and other regional points of interest.
- Portrait photography workshop.
- Lecture: Ins and out of buying camera equipment, photojournalism, lens basics, and many others.
- Paint the Town Pink: An Urban Portraits Field Trip
- Pride Event Photography
- Studio lighting demonstration and hands-on workshop
We are always looking for new ideas for activities!